Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_2_] Graham.[_2_] is offline

Default Electronics question (before I kill myself)

"Alan" wrote in message
In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/37593/...Lighting/Site-
Lights/Telescopic-Tripod-500W-Site-Light

And then there will have been questions " How do I plug 110V lights into
UK mains? Do just cut off the supplied plug and fit a normal 3 pin
plug?"

Some time ago I had a Microwave oven to repair on
behalf of an insurance company. All that was wrong
with it was the internal light did not work.
on closer examination there were two Quartz Halogen
120v bulbs wired in series and one had failed.
Sourcing a replacement was too hard, I think the
oven was written off.
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%