Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] NOSPAMnet@gmail.com is offline

Default Adding Sentinel X100 concentrate.

On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 13:47:09 -0000, "John"
wrote:

wrote in message
Hello,

How do you add Sentinel X100 concentrate via a radiator on a sealed
system?

Do you have to partially drain the radiator?

What I would do is to turn off both valves then loosen one of the
connections at the radiator side of the valve to drain out some of the
(carpet staining) water - open the bleed valve to allow the water to run
out - then re-tighten and inject the Sentinel into the bleed valve. However
my radiators have a large bung in the top which has the bleed valve in it -
I have a square key to remove the bung- then re-fit using PTFE tape.

If I ever fit a system of my dreams it will have a drain point to the
outside of the house and a dosing point (whatever one is)

18 months ago I got my CH boiler replaced and I made sure the guy
connected up the existing drain pipe to the outside down pipe and also
fitted a filling point beside the boiler for the concentrate .It's
just a branch off the pipe from the boiler which is turned upwards for
a few inches and has a compression stop on the end that you remove
when it needs refilled or topped up.