Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP* ATP* is offline

Default OT Propane, No Usage Fee?

"RogerN" wrote in message
m...

"Leon Fisk" wrote in message
On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 09:35:17 -0800, Jon Anderson
wrote:

snip

Playing the propane game has become a pain in the butt
nowadays

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Yes, that shouldn't be because the spend $$$ advertising propane vs
electric and then they treat you like crap. My old propane furnace was
very inefficient, it think much of the heat went out the vent and was lost
in the ducts. The first winter at this house with propane cost me about
$200 per month just for the propane alone. The next year I heated the
house with multiple 120V Oil filled radiators and the kitchen stove at the
coldest temperatures. The electric bill for heat and all electrical usage
was only up to $150 per month.

Since Propane is supposed to be cheaper heat, I got a Mr Heater ventless
propane heater. I thought it would be worth a try since it doesn't waste
heat through a vent or through duct work.

I don't think ventless propane in living quarters is a good idea.