Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] dawoodseed@gmail.com is offline

Default Adding Sentinel X100 concentrate.

On 1 Nov, 13:47, "John" wrote:
wrote in message

... Hello,

How do you add Sentinel X100 concentrate via a radiator on a sealed
system?

Do you have to partially drain the radiator?

What I would do is to turn off both valves then loosen one of the
connections at the radiator side of the valve to drain out some of the
(carpet staining) water *- open the bleed valve to allow the water to run
out *- then re-tighten and inject the Sentinel into the bleed valve. However
my radiators have a large bung in the top which has the bleed valve in it -
I have a square key to remove the bung- then re-fit using PTFE tape.

If I ever fit a system of my dreams it will have a drain point to the
outside of the house and a dosing point (whatever one is)

Sounds too complicated for me.

My system is new, it has a drain point in the passage and kitchen, you
connect a hose pipe and away you go, the drain points are very close
to doors leading to outside.

In case your wondering why the system does not have inhibitor, it
actually did until my son opened the drain point and drained the
system onto the carpet!