Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electronics question (before I kill myself)

Alan wrote:
In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/37593/...Lighting/Site-
Lights/Telescopic-Tripod-500W-Site-Light

And then there will have been questions " How do I plug 110V lights
into UK mains? Do just cut off the supplied plug and fit a normal 3
pin plug?"

I used to sell pressure washers to the tool hire trade, 110v ones were a
nightmare. They would leave the factory with a 32a/110v plug fitted (2kw
motor). We wold invariably get a service call a few weeks later, to find
the 32a plug had been swapped for a 16a one.

Affixing a very large bright yellow sticker to the front of the machine
partly solved the problem, but never stopped it 100%.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk