Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Roberts David Roberts is offline

Default Adjustable legs/feet

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 02:58:54 -0700, wrote:

Anyone know of a source of a suitable strong stumpy but undeniably
pretty leg?

Cheers

Dave R

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20049538
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/90128971
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40074193

Actually got http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/10075660

We went to Ikea to get the bed base and mattress and found the legs there
as well.

Plan for the bed:

Foot of the bed is supported by a piece of wood screwed to the wall
Far side of the bed is supported by a piece of wood screwed to the wall
[This bed fits into a corner of the room]
Head of the bed goes across the sloping bit over the stairs
Nearside of the bed is the piece of wood which needs the leg in the
middle - one end meets the wall at the foot of the bed, the other end
meets the sloping wood over the stairs at the head of the bed.

Thinking about it, I should do the free-standing bit first and level the
wall mounted bits to this, but I have to get the length right so that the
top of the bed frame just fits up to the slope at the head of the bed, so
I need to have some scope for adjustment of the supporting leg(s).

The bed base is http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40109913 - I
sat on several beds there and this was by far the best setup in
combination with http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/10073369.

Thanks for all the suggestions (and I also now know who has stumpy but
undeniably pretty legs). :-)

Cheers

Dave R