Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Article: Tools for the kitchen drawer

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

From Popular Mechanics:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...o/4289556.html

I especially like the idea of a magnet on the end of a tape rule (for
retrieving things...).

Tools in the kitchen? That's for people (like my g.f.) who don't have
real tools in the garage. I'd rather walk to the garage and get the
correct screwdriver,etc. for the job at hand than use some combo-gizmo.

I love the way compasses keep getting advocated. Like the compass on the
end of the Rambo knife. A compass is useless for home repair. And it's
useless for auto repair. And, although I've never been lost in the
woods, I'm going to hazard a guess that it's pretty much useless then,
too.

Oh yeah, and the hand crank radio. You gonna eat that when the
apocalypse comes? Or is some little voice from god going to come on the
air and tell you which 7-11 near you has plenty of food and water still
on the shelves, and which highway out of town is uncongested and leads
to nirvana?