Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default does anyone sell rivet nuts?

Nate Nagel posted for all of us...

subject says all... the "good" hardware store closed up shop. Do True
Value, Ace, etc. carry them, or am I reduced to ordering from
McMaster-Carr? see p/n 93482A691 at www.mcmaster.com for example. The
bracket for the closer has ripped off my screen/storm door again and
this is the only thing I can think of that might provide a permanent repair.

nate

It would have been nice to just post the url but I'll help anyway.

I had some aluminum slugs that were oblong and pop riveted that to the door and
then riveted the bracket to the slug. Better than new. No screws to come
loose. I also thought about using an EMT oblong box cover to accomplish the
same thing but being a cheap *** I used what I had. You may just be able to
rivet the bracket to the door; avoid screws they are what loosen and cause the
problems. The nutsetters also need a tool that can be quite expensive.
--
Tekkie GRIP = Get Rid of Incumbent Politicians