Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Diesel Fuel in Heating Oil Furnace

As I understand it (not being a truck driver) the red dye is in the heating
oil. I've bought red kerosene, before.

Anyhow, diesel fuel should work just fine in a home heating plant. I've put
diesel fuel in a friend's heating oil tank when he ran out.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

When heating oil is cheaper than diesel, sneaky
truck driver will run their trucks on it. That's
the reason for the red dye in the diesel fuel.
When The DOT inspects a truck, the inspector may
look at the color of the fuel to determine if the
trucker is trying to avoid the over the road fuel
taxes.

TDD