Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Propane vs gas

On Oct 29, 10:09*pm, Chris wrote:
Charles Bishop wrote:
My sister has propane at her house. The propane company shut off the tank
because they said they tested the line and found evidence of a leak
(without knowing where the leak is). My sis called a couple of plumbers
and asked for quotes to work on the line. A couple of them told her they
didn't work on propane lines.

Any idea why they wouldn't? What's the difference between a propane line
and a regular natural gas line that they wouldn't do the work?

Where I live the propane company works on their own lines. Plumbers will not
touch them because quite often the gas company owns the line. In my own house I
installed the line from in the house to the outside. Then the gas company ran
there line from tank to my connection and that is all they are responsible for.
If I want them to work on my part of the line they will charge me.

Chris

You have idiot plumbers and propane co. Maybe she can find the leak,
use dishwashing soap with just a bit of water to thin it and squirt it
on all visable fittings, a leak will bubble. Maybe something is just
loose, was the stove on and they missed that and thought it was a
leak?