Posted to alt.home.repair
ssylee ssylee is offline

Default deck dent filling

On Sep 30, 6:02*am, Phisherman wrote:
On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 22:18:31 -0700 (PDT),ssylee

wrote:
I want to fill the dent on the deck as shown in the picture (http://
imagebin.org/27673) before painting over it. I'm not sure what the
material is called in English. What is the material that is used to
fill the dent called? Is it plaster (a guess)?

All I see in the picture is a closeup of a painted surface, with a
couple hairs. *Dents in wood are usually steamed, not filled, but for
a deck isn't this a little anal?

Sorry about the lack of detail. As a take a picture further away, I
think you may have been right about being too anal about filling the
dent on the deck surface. Here is another picture of the deck when I
took the picture further away (http://imagebin.ca/view/I3u7pR.html).