Posted to alt.home.repair

Default deck dent filling

I want to fill the dent on the deck as shown in the picture (http://
imagebin.org/27673) before painting over it. I'm not sure what the
material is called in English. What is the material that is used to
fill the dent called? Is it plaster (a guess)?
Posted to alt.home.repair

ssylee wrote:
I want to fill the dent on the deck as shown in the picture (http://
imagebin.org/27673) before painting over it. I'm not sure what the
material is called in English. What is the material that is used to
fill the dent called? Is it plaster (a guess)?

It's called, "useless endeavor".

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 22:18:31 -0700 (PDT), ssylee
wrote:

I want to fill the dent on the deck as shown in the picture (http://
imagebin.org/27673) before painting over it. I'm not sure what the
material is called in English. What is the material that is used to
fill the dent called? Is it plaster (a guess)?

All I see in the picture is a closeup of a painted surface, with a
couple hairs. Dents in wood are usually steamed, not filled, but for
a deck isn't this a little anal?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I want to fill the dent on the deck as shown in the picture (http://
imagebin.org/27673) before painting over it. I'm not sure what the
material is called in English. What is the material that is used to
fill the dent called? Is it plaster (a guess)?

All I see in the picture is a closeup of a painted surface, with a
couple hairs. *Dents in wood are usually steamed, not filled, but for
a deck isn't this a little anal?

Sorry about the lack of detail. As a take a picture further away, I
think you may have been right about being too anal about filling the
dent on the deck surface. Here is another picture of the deck when I
took the picture further away (http://imagebin.ca/view/I3u7pR.html).
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I want to fill the dent on the deck as shown in the picture (http://
imagebin.org/27673) before painting over it. I'm not sure what the
material is called in English. What is the material that is used to
fill the dent called? Is it plaster (a guess)?

All I see in the picture is a closeup of a painted surface, with a
couple hairs. *Dents in wood are usually steamed, not filled, but for
a deck isn't this a little anal?

Sorry about the lack of detail. As a take a picture further away, I
think you may have been right about being too anal about filling the
dent on the deck surface. Here is another picture of the deck when I
took the picture further away (http://imagebin.ca/view/I3u7pR.html).

What is your objective here? Your desired outcome?

Deck surface material?

Are you using the word "dent" where you really mean "depression" or
puddle?

In the second photo I see what appears to be a reflection that
indicates a water puddle?

Are you trying to get rid of the puddling?

fyi home repair isn't physics, comp-sci or EE...it's barely CE or ME
any of the time.

got any practically inclined co-workers who could give you some
advice?

cheers
Bob