Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Whats that stuff...

"Edgar" wrote in message
Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 07:06:55 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

The hammering of a DM churning its way through a big job is one thing
I dont miss.

Hammering from a Dot Matrix? The ones I had where more of a whine or
buzz.
Now a Daisy Wheel or Golf Ball on the other hand... B-)

Line printer?

I used a line printer that printed a entire horizontal line of dots and then
advanced the paper one row of dots and printed the next horizontal line. It
did the entire width of the paper in one go.
It was noisy but very quick.

It replaced a band printer that was slower and even more noisy but it
produced typewriter quality prints.