Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Help ! Dog versus fridge door.

"tonyjeffs" wrote in message
On Oct 29, 7:14 pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
"www.GymRatZ.co.uk" wrote in

Dave Liquorice wrote:

(*) This doesn't mean cruelty or severe punishment but firm and

consistent
discipline on it's behavior from all the family members.

It's the "all familly members" bit that is the hardest bit to acheive,
which makes consistencey of heirachy in the pack more awkward.

Discipline not being whacking or hitting the dog or shutting it out in
the rain, just an expression of dominance through body posture and lack
of "respect" for the dogs own space - The Dog being bottom of the pack
has NO space and no right to space and absolutely nothing "belongs" to
the dog, not bed, nor toys, nor food, nor furniture, not garden,
nothing.

Dog is nothing more than dog. This is what dog understands and knows
and
is at it's happiest being treated as such.

Dog gets off furniture for human to sit, human should always take
furniture space currently occupied by dog even if alternative seating
is
available, human never ever backs down in human - dog "arguement" no
matter how long human has to stand their ground and advance into dog's
temporary battleground.

So quite the opposite of a cat:-) But I could not agree more with what
you
have said. I once went out with a girl that had an Alsation. The Alsation
was the pack leader. I had a Border Terrier at the time and she thought
that
I was cruel for not letting it into my bed at night and onto the setee
whenever it wanted!

Adam- Hide quoted text -

Forgotton the word for it.... toggle?
Get a flat metal bracket, 16mm x 50mm x 2mm with a hole in the
middle, and screw it loosely to the frame of the fridge above the
door. horizontally you can get in. vertical, dog cant

The correct solution is to attach a chain to the dog and stop it getting in
the house.