Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Sad, and Hard to believe, isn't it?

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
tions...

Even though I've been a NRA member longer than I can remember, there's no
way I'd let my eight year old grandson fire a fully automatic weapon "for
fun".

It's just plain nuts....And in the state I live in too.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5h...Oxj2wD9439PRO0

Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

What is it with these idiots? I see ATVs that are DESIGNED for children.
They are limited in cubic centimeters displacement, but once they get some
motion going, then can smash you like a grape.

Ask me. July 4th. I crushed a L1 vertebrae so bad I'm now half an inch
shorter. It has ended my ATV days and snow skiing.

Giving THAT gun to a child was a negligent act. My son shot a 12 ga. at 8
years old. He was with me on a quail hunting trip, and asked. It was one
shot, and only one shell was in the gun. He did good. I asked him if he
wanted a second shot, and he declined. Both him and my daughter were
allowed to shoot guns at an early age, and both never had the curiosity of a
taboo gun. They were familiar with what they would do.

I see people giving their kids high powered cars and motorcycles, and then
scratching their nuts when they go into a telephone pole, and say, "What did
I do wrong?"

Age inappropriate are the keywords.

Steve