Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Sad, and Hard to believe, isn't it?

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 15:59:44 -0400, the infamous Jeff Wisnia
scrawled the following:

Even though I've been a NRA member longer than I can remember, there's
no way I'd let my eight year old grandson fire a fully automatic weapon
"for fun".

It's just plain nuts....And in the state I live in too.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5h...Oxj2wD9439PRO0

Both the instructor and father are fidiots. Around here, _everyone_
shooting a full-auto weapon has an instructor _directly_ behind them,
ready to take over in case they lose it during the machine gun shoots.

I think teaching the child to shoot is an extremely good thing for a
parent to do, but I'm not sure a full-auto is the way to go at that
young age. In any case full attention is needed over the student at
all times. Both of those guys screwed the pooch royally and a kid is
dead because of it. C'est la vie, c'est la morte.

I accidentally put a round into the dirt between Dad and me when I was
10. He had a fully loaded mag in the Colt Woodsman .22 and after I
shot it once, I let it drop toward the tround with my finger still on
the trigger. Dad had forgotten to remind me and I almost perfed our
feet. I sure learned that lesson in a hurry and I've never repeated
it. We were luckier than the kid in the article.

--
Change is the process by which the future invades our lives.
-- Alvin Toffler