Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stupendous Man Stupendous Man is offline

Default Can a hard bearing ball be welded to mild steel

Isnt it amazing how much work gets done, even after the plans have
been changed to reflect "whats on hand"?

That's how i get things done. Very small shop and very far from a metal
supplier. Boss says "make a few of these", so I draw it up. Then, i
re-design it a few times to reflect materials available and tooling.
Sometimes it takes longer to get ready to make it than actual machining
time.
If I absolutely have to have metal ordered it could be 2 weeks to 2 months
before i see it.
--
Stupendous Man,