Posted to uk.d-i-y
DavidM DavidM is offline

Default Opinions sought on drill/driver

On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 17:43:35 -0000, "John" wrote:

Talking to a mate in the pub last night and he reckoned that these
drill/drivers are excellent. Bit worse for wear when I got home but seem to
remember him saying that it comes with a lifetime parts and labour warranty
and a free service every year (note that I don't know if that's available
everywhere or is just a special offer local to the place he bought his
from - which is not from the place linked to).

Anyway, what do the panel think?

http://www.coopersdirect.com/pagevie...=4002395196074

or would this be preferable

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/68747/...rill?ts=19188#

Cheers

I bought the Makita £99.99 kit from Screwfix about a year ago, and
have been well pleased with it for general diy and handyman work.
Although the batteries are a bit low in capacity, with 3 of them
supplied in the kit I've never been caught out. Sometimes struggles a
bit in hard bricks or concrete, but then I just drill a 4mm pilot then
open it out to whatever.

Highly recommended.