Posted to alt.home.repair
badgolferman badgolferman is offline

Default Toilet Worms

h wrote:

"Coleah" wrote in message
news:27EFDBC60E0A462CBC828DAD2C2D68DA@MomsNewComp uter...

-----Original Message-----
From: Big Bubba ]
Posted At: Monday, October 27, 2008 2:07 PM
Posted To: alt.home.repair
Conversation: Toilet Worms
Subject: Toilet Worms

I've got a toilet that leaks at the base of the toilet. I know I
need to
install a new wax ring. No problem there.

My issue is that when it leaks, out come these little worms (nasty,
I know.)
After I remove the toilet how can I get rid of these creatures?

TIA.
BR
--------------------------------------

Here's something that has always puzzled me. It was in the late
70's/early 80's in an old house (supposed to be hooked to city
water and sewer). The bathtub backed up with raw sewage. Then
some months later the owner reported that there were snakes inside
the toilet tank. I passed the story off as owner's daughter
reporting it was known to 'tell tales'.

However, when the house was sold the new owner experienced the same
thing...snakes in the toilet tank. Supposedly the water in the
tank was clear and clean, but no one could figure out how the
snakes were getting in there. The water bill didn't indicate
excess as in a broken pipe, perhaps.

When I saw this post about 'worms', I thought perhaps that might
have been the answer...however they were not small little
worms....they were big and described as snakes. The newspaper even
ran an article about the house.

Anyone ever hear of something like this?

Sounds bogus to me. How would anything the size of a "snake" fit
through the fill pipe/hose?

Maybe it was coming up through the sewer pipe. I'd like to see the
look on the face of the person sitting on the potty when they felt
something touching them while taking a crap.