Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toilet Worms

I've got a toilet that leaks at the base of the toilet. I know I need to
install a new wax ring. No problem there.

My issue is that when it leaks, out come these little worms (nasty, I know.)
After I remove the toilet how can I get rid of these creatures?

TIA.

BR

Posted to alt.home.repair

Big Bubba wrote:

I've got a toilet that leaks at the base of the toilet. I know I
need to install a new wax ring. No problem there.

My issue is that when it leaks, out come these little worms (nasty, I
know.) After I remove the toilet how can I get rid of these creatures?

Maybe this'll help:
http://www.grandmas-wisdom.com/tapeworm.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Big Bubba" wrote in message
I've got a toilet that leaks at the base of the toilet. I know I need to
install a new wax ring. No problem there.

My issue is that when it leaks, out come these little worms (nasty, I
know.) After I remove the toilet how can I get rid of these creatures?

put them on a piece of bread and eat them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I saw something similar in a neglected ( covered with a plastic bag for god
knows how long) clogged toilet in a building I was working at..I pulled the
bag to fix the toilet after someone called me and was totally grossed out by
a squirming mess of little worms in the water and crap in the bowl. I'm not
normally easily upset ( hell I used to repair sewage ejector pumps for a
living) but this was so unexpected and so nasty I admit I took a few steps
back and almost ran for it!

Once I recovered my composure, I went and got some supplies for the
attack..I poured a gallon of bleach ( ok, it was overkill, but these things
were gross) into the crap in the toilet and the worms reacted violently,
spasmed for a few minutes, then died and that was the end of it. Never saw
another one anywhere. I never did figure out what they were, in my shop
discussions we were evenly divided between fly larva ( maggots) and some
kind of parasite that was living in the **** in the toilet and kept on
living after the dump. I can't say I wanted to get any closer to really
examine them to figure it out anyway.

So get a nice spray bottle, fill it with pure bleach, then blast away when
you have the toilet out, I suspect this will solve the problem.

--
Mike S.

"Big Bubba" wrote in message
I've got a toilet that leaks at the base of the toilet. I know I need to
install a new wax ring. No problem there.

My issue is that when it leaks, out come these little worms (nasty, I
know.) After I remove the toilet how can I get rid of these creatures?

TIA.

BR

Posted to alt.home.repair

Big Bubba wrote in message
I've got a toilet that leaks at the base of the toilet. I
know I need to install a new wax ring. No problem there.

My issue is that when it leaks, out come these little worms
(nasty, I know.) After I remove the toilet how can I get rid
of these creatures?

A spray bottle containing unadulterated Clorox Bleach (applied
liberally) and then wiped up with paper towels will cure the
parasite problem. You might also bring a heat gun to help speed
up the drying process of the wood underneath the ring where the
little beasties are living... Just in case.

The Ranger

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mike:

OK. Done deal. It wasn't nearly as bad as expected. Them worms weren't
too happy though.

I can see how it all happened. There was small leak in the ring and some of
my waste colledted outside of the ring under the base of the toilet. Well,
this must be a fantastic place for these munchkins.

Thanks for everybody suggestions.

BR

"Big Bubba" wrote in message
I've got a toilet that leaks at the base of the toilet. I know I need to
install a new wax ring. No problem there.

My issue is that when it leaks, out come these little worms (nasty, I
know.) After I remove the toilet how can I get rid of these creatures?

TIA.

BR

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 27, 2:06*pm, "Big Bubba" wrote:
I've got a toilet that leaks at the base of the toilet. *I know I need to
install a new wax ring. *No problem there.

My issue is that when it leaks, out come these little worms (nasty, I know.)
After I remove the toilet how can I get rid of these creatures?

TIA.

BR

You never thought of doing something before, like a can of Raid or
some bleach down there mr bubba, even any cheap booze will work,
geeze.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Big Bubba wrote:
I've got a toilet that leaks at the base of the toilet. I know I need to
install a new wax ring. No problem there.

My issue is that when it leaks, out come these little worms (nasty, I know.)
After I remove the toilet how can I get rid of these creatures?

TIA.

BR

Solution to all problems:
http://home.comcast.net/~frank.logullo/image002.gif
Posted to alt.home.repair

Posted to alt.home.repair

news:27EFDBC60E0A462CBC828DAD2C2D68DA@MomsNewCompu ter...

--------------------------------------

[...]

Sounds bogus to me. How would anything the size of a "snake" fit through the
fill pipe/hose?

Posted to alt.home.repair

h wrote:

"Coleah" wrote in message
[...]

Maybe it was coming up through the sewer pipe. I'd like to see the
look on the face of the person sitting on the potty when they felt
something touching them while taking a crap.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in
:

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 18:22:53 -0400, "Mike S."
wrote:

[...]

Years ago, I worked for a rental company. They had about 70 old
houses in the ghetto part of a large city. I was their handyman, but
since I was initially a plumber, I did mostly just their plumbing
work.

I had done plumbing for years, and nothing really bothered me.....
UNTIL THIS DAY. It was a hot and humid summer day. The toilet was
located on the second floor near the top of the stairs and a door
leading to an outside upper porch.

It was close to 100 degrees when I walked up the stairs. When I
neared the top step, the odor nearly made me vomit. I opened the
bathroom door and saw the horrors. These people had filled the
toilet, then let the **** pile up on top of the pile until it was
nearly as high as the tp of the toilet tank. I walked out on that
porch to get some fresh air, and heaved my cookies.

After regaining my composure, I went back downstairs and grabbed the
phone, and called the landlord (my boss). I explained the situation.
He told me to do whatever is needed, and to replace the toilet if I
must.

I left the job and went to the hardware store. I bought several
plastic tarps, some bleach, rope, a window fan, several mops, and a
new toilet with all the bolts and stuff. Then I went to another place
and bought a respirator. I returned to the job, held my breath while
I placed the window fan in the window (which of course was painted
shut), and got that working. Then I put on the respirator, and
wrapped several layers of the tarp over the entire toilet, and tied it
securely, only leaving the mounting bolts exposed. I shut off the
water valve under the toilet and sawed off the supply pipe. Then I
grabbed a large hammer and broke the toilet base by the bolts.

I went out on the porch and removed the railing. I tried to push the
toilet out the door in one piece and found it was too heavy. I went
back to the hardware store, bought more tarps and more rope. When I
returned to the job, I covered the whole area from the bathroom to the
porch with tarps, after yelling at the owner for allowing her bratty
kids out on the porch with no railing. After covering the entire
floor with traps, I tied a rope to the toilet and tossed it over the
porch. I went outside, got in my truck, and parked the truck in the
yard. I tied the rope to the bumper and drove forward until the
toilet fell off the porch into the yard, leaving a huge mess of broken
porcelain, filthy tarps, and **** all over the lawn.

I got back upstairs, threw all the tarps off the porch, and soaked the
bathroom floor with bleach and water, leaving it soak while I replaced
the porch railing. After that, I mopped the floor and walls, around
the toilet and proceeded to install the new toilet.

When I was done, I told the renter that I was finished and was walking
out the door, when the woman started hollaring about the mess on their
lawn. She complained about the odor. I promptly told her that I am a
plumber, not a cleanup person. She continued to hollar, at which time
I grabbed her phone and dialed the landlord. I handed her the phone
as I walked out the door and quickly drove away.

The landlord later told me that he was happy to issue her an eviction
notice after she cussed him out and threatened him. He said that he
would send someone over there with a some sort of machinery to clean
up the mess on the lawn, but not until these tenants had moved out.

He told me to do whatever is needed,

You should have sub-k'd that one out!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Yes, I would agree but now he's got one hell of a story!

cheers
Bob