Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Default Driving eye bolts

"Joe" wrote in message
On Oct 28, 2:43 pm, metspitzer wrote:
I am going to have to install 8 or 10. 3/8 or 1/2 for a roof tarp.
It there a way to drive them with a battery drill.
I am thinking about at least drilling the hole a little smaller
than
the screw.

Just chuck up the biggest Allen wrench in your set in the drill and
use it for a driver. The hex can't slip and the right angle should
be
just right to turn the eyebolt. You're welcome...

Joe

The biggest Allen wrench I have is about 9 inches long and 3/4 inch
around.
(Used to remove cataletic converter plug) in the 70's)

Anyway, it won't fit into either my drill or the eye bolts,'

Bob-tx