Posted to alt.home.repair
gpsman gpsman is offline

Default Deck surface boards, running opposite way?!! OK?

On Oct 27, 9:33*am, (Hoosker)
wrote:
Is there any reason why we can't do it the way we are doing it? *We are
already to the surface decking part of the deck and can't turn back now,
but we want to reassure the homeowner it is ok to do it this way?

It's OK, if you do it right, but kinda kooky rationale.

Is the runoff water supposed to make it all the way to the pool?

Will it rain more in the deck area because there's a deck there?

Do those people tote enough water to the deck for the runoff to be a
potential problem?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

I've seen GFCs galore, but I've never seen a deck so constructed.

I think money was the likely basis for the decision, and I'm pretty
sure it's going to look weird, especially through a door or window.
-----

- gpsman