Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
tom koehler tom koehler is offline

Default Tinting CA?

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 22:31:02 -0500, mac davis wrote
(in message ):

Anyone tried tinting CA, and filling cracks, etc.?

I ordered some flexible black, but would like to have red, blue, etc...

I've tried mixing thick CA with redheart saw dust, but it looks more dark
brown
than red..

Not wanting to re-invent the wheel, I thought I'd ask here first..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

This is way late, but thought I'd chime in. Taken me awhile to read up on
some of the rest here.
I use powdered aniline dyes in some of my woodworking, though not yet with
superglue. They are alcohol/acetone soluble, and not too spendy. They are
available in lots of colors, like the "Rit" clothing dyes are. A pinch of the
powdered dye in the CA, and you should be good. The powders can be mixed for
different shades, but you'd have to experiment to get the right recipe.
tom koehler

--
I will find a way or make one.