Posted to uk.d-i-y
BigWallop[_3_] BigWallop[_3_] is offline

Default Rubber Buffer

andy wrote in
:

My neighbour has a metal gate hinged on my external wall. When the
gate is opened it "bangs" on to my wall - and reverberates through my
room.

I want to fasten a rubber buffer/stopper to the wall at the point
where the opening gate strikes it. The problem is that the "strike
point" varies as the contact with the wall is made by a sliding latch
on the gate.

I have tried a rubber door stopper and it is perfect (if the latch
hits it) - except that it is too small.

Ideally I want a piece of rubber 1x1x3 inches.

Any ideas where to get same or similar.

Can the gate be swung the other way? I'd hate to have a gate that keeps
banging against the house wall, no matter what you try and fix between
them. If the gate hinges were on the other side, the gate would swing away
from your wall, and only the latch boss would be fixed to your house wall
side.

If that's to difficult, could you use a piece of foam type pipe insulation
wrapped around the part of the gate that hits the wall. Or something else
fixed to the gate, instead of the wall.