Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Solar lighting (real not artistic) ;-)

On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 00:08:13 +0000, Mike wrote:

On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 09:45:45 +0000, T i m wrote:

p.s. I nearly bought a pack of 3 such lights in B&Q yesterday (3 for 6
... quid and they looked good quality) but after selecting them I
later put them back as the 3 checkouts that were open had 50 people in
each queue. :-(

Have you ever been in a B&Q where the correct number of checkouts were
open and the queues were short? No me neither.

Only indirectly .. when the same 3 checkouts were open and there were
only 3 customers in at the time. ;-)

B&Q could easily shut 95% of their checkouts and it would make bugger
all difference to the checkout time - B&Q managers must be from the
Sainsbury's school of ignore what your customer wants, **** them off
on every occasion, and make them clog up the aisles.

It does seem so.

I did go back there on Monday and although (only) the same 3 checkouts
were open the queues were much much smaller. However and as is typical
for me, the guesstimates re chosen queue speed (based on the variety
of items in trolley, customers likelihood to **** about with credit
cards / loyalty cards and/or un-coded / priced items) was way out and
it took *ages* to get though. :-(

I've had one of those 12V fluro inspection lights on a 12V sealed
battery pretty well all day and it's still running now. Plenty of
light in the dark kitchen (enough to make a cuppa even) so 2 or 3 of
those spread along the length of the garage should do it. ;-)

Cheers, T i m