Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Whats that stuff...

"Calvin" wrote in message

On Oct 26, 1:03�pm, Andy Burns wrote:
George wrote:
What about MDF...would this work?

Doesn't act as a great sponge IME (though it doesn't like prolonged
exposure to water)

Whatever you use has to be rotproof, so natural fibre felt and paper
are out. Microfibre cloth maybe.

Re low cost lasers, they're surely the way to go if you can do without
colour. I'd have to be mad to go back to an inkjet, what a PITA
technology they were. Reminds me... I still remember being seriously
impressed when seeing a daisy wheel that double printed to give bold!
Anyone remember 7 pin dot matrixes with no descenders?

NT

I long for a 7-pin dot matrix!
Seriously, I have a real world application which I can't satisfy with
any printer technolgy I can find at the moment.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/117712

Why not print to a file using a line printer driver in windows.
Put the file on a usb stick or two.