Charlie Self

Default Equipment Manuals

CW responds:

You should see the ones that typically ship with Japanese CNC mills.
$100.000 for the mill and a nearly incomprehensible manual.
"2manytoyz" wrote in message
. com...
Only 1 comes to mind from the hundreds of tools I've bought for home and
work... A milling machine from Grizzly was a literal translation from
Chinese. Almost comical to read.

Ya hadda be there, I think, but...one helluva long time ago ('62), I was
working for a small ad agency down on Williams St, in NYC; a friend bought one
of the early Honda motorbikes, a 50cc buzzer. A great little "zip up the West
Side Drive" vehicle if you were lucky enough to stay out of the way of the
Pontiacs, Buicks, Fords and whatnot that made up the major sources of crumpled
sheetmetal. The manual was damned near impossible to read without laughing. In
fact, it was damned near impossible to read.

Charlie Self

"Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without
integrity is dangerous and dreadful."
Samuel Johnson