Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Too good to be true?

One feature to consider for a small mill (or larger mill/drill machines), is
the spindle taper. The machine you linked to has a Morse #3 taper.
Tooling is generally less expensive for R8 taper tooling.

Adapters arereadily available for R8 to MT2 or MT3, but uncommon for MT3 to
anything other than MT2 or MT1.

Both the R8 and MT3 types of tooling are for drawbar mounting to provide
secure mounting.

WB
metalworking projects
www.kwagmire.com/metal_proj.html

"Michael Koblic" wrote in message
This is the cheapest milling machine I have seen so far:

http://busybeetools.ca/cgi-bin/pictu...3&NTITEM=CT133

Has anyone got some experience with it? Any comments on the specs? I
suspect someone will recognize it as an equivalent of a similar piece of
Chinese machinery sold in the USA under a different name (a game I have
been playing with mini-lathes recently :-)

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC