Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rubber Buffer

andy wrote:
My neighbour has a metal gate hinged on my external wall. When the
gate is opened it "bangs" on to my wall - and reverberates through my
room.

I want to fasten a rubber buffer/stopper to the wall at the point
where the opening gate strikes it. The problem is that the "strike
point" varies as the contact with the wall is made by a sliding latch
on the gate.

I have tried a rubber door stopper and it is perfect (if the latch
hits it) - except that it is too small.

Ideally I want a piece of rubber 1x1x3 inches.

Any ideas where to get same or similar.

Old tractor tyre and hacksaw?

Loo plunger filled wit silicone?

Cast our own in mould from silicone rubber?

Glue erasers together?

Take a scrap cars suspension apart? seems that tree exhaust straps
evostuk together would do the job.

Use donut from close coupled loo?

Rubber can be sawn and rasped and sanded you know.