Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Appliance Service Call Prices...WOW

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in
:

"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message

I had a guy come and look at my oven. $79 service charge. Wanted
$500 for a new motherboard.

Thank you for affirming my decision to buy a stove with no
electronics, no motherboard, no touch screens or buttons. It does
have a fan for the convection though.

Ditto ditto ditto.

I purchased a rebuilt washer and dryer from a recycle org some years
back. They provide 30 day warranty with appliances and have a great
reputation. I had the option of choosing a pair of plain jane turn the
dial ones or a pair with electronic controls for the same price - $250pr.
I took the dial ones.

Some years later the dial on the washer went bad. Looked up price for new
one - like $105 + tax and shipping. Entire rebuilt washer only 125.
Suddenly occured to me if the place rebuilds them they may have parts
around. Call, tell them I bought it there, they say they have one dial, I
says how much, he says how 'bout $14 total.

**** happens. Sometimes even good ****.