Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
cavelamb himself[_4_] cavelamb himself[_4_] is offline

Default Where are YOU cutting back?

The Real Bev wrote:

Another big problem is tht nobody really addresses how their product
will perform in these extreme applictions. It really boils down to
the fact that there is a cycle involved as to how often you
upgrade/replace hardware. You get the best you can get at the time
with funds available.

I've been toying with that idea as well.

I hate digging through a bunch of small windows to looks something up
while I'm drawing or whatever.

A second (or third?) screen would be most useful.

X/linux will allow you to have as many screens (desktops,not monitors)
as you want -- I use 4 and can move from one to another by moving my
mouse to the edge of the current screen. The Windows powertoys
(tweakui) will also allow you 4 screens.

Thanks Real,

I'lve heard of TweakUI, but never played with it.
Guess it's time...

--

Richard

(remove the X to email)