Posted to alt.home.repair
Big Bubba Big Bubba is offline

Default Toilet Worms

Mike:

OK. Done deal. It wasn't nearly as bad as expected. Them worms weren't
too happy though.

I can see how it all happened. There was small leak in the ring and some of
my waste colledted outside of the ring under the base of the toilet. Well,
this must be a fantastic place for these munchkins.

Thanks for everybody suggestions.

BR
"Mike S." wrote in message
I saw something similar in a neglected ( covered with a plastic bag for god
knows how long) clogged toilet in a building I was working at..I pulled the
bag to fix the toilet after someone called me and was totally grossed out
by a squirming mess of little worms in the water and crap in the bowl. I'm
not normally easily upset ( hell I used to repair sewage ejector pumps for
a living) but this was so unexpected and so nasty I admit I took a few
steps back and almost ran for it!

Once I recovered my composure, I went and got some supplies for the
attack..I poured a gallon of bleach ( ok, it was overkill, but these
things were gross) into the crap in the toilet and the worms reacted
violently, spasmed for a few minutes, then died and that was the end of
it. Never saw another one anywhere. I never did figure out what they
were, in my shop discussions we were evenly divided between fly larva (
maggots) and some kind of parasite that was living in the **** in the
toilet and kept on living after the dump. I can't say I wanted to get any
closer to really examine them to figure it out anyway.

So get a nice spray bottle, fill it with pure bleach, then blast away when
you have the toilet out, I suspect this will solve the problem.

--
Mike S.

"Big Bubba" wrote in message
I've got a toilet that leaks at the base of the toilet. I know I need to
install a new wax ring. No problem there.

My issue is that when it leaks, out come these little worms (nasty, I
know.) After I remove the toilet how can I get rid of these creatures?

TIA.

BR