Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Warner Frank Warner is offline

Default Telephone junction block

In article , Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

Am I just using the wrong terminology or am I looking for something
that doesn't exist anymore?

My phone line comes into the house then splits off in 6 directions.

Originally all the red/green wires were on a single pair of posts in a
terminal block.

Then I tried wrapping, soldering, and b-connectors. Last go around
was with one of these

http://www.fruitridgetools.com/store...px?sfid=136763
&i=153447276&mpid=8171&dfid=1
"Leviton C0219-I ivory telephone wire junction block"

The problem with the last was disconnecting one line to troubleshoot.

Looking around I see some that are "punch down" blocks- but it appears
that I would need a special tool to attach the wires- and It doesn't
look like they make detaching a single line easy.

Something like a phone jack but with 16-20 posts seems to me to be
what I want.

Isn't there a terminal block that makes troubleshooting problems easy?
[I seem to have more than my share of telephone- partly because of the
maze of wires throughout the house- and partly because I haven't
stopped construction here for 20 yrs.]

Is it time to just wire one up on a piece of plexi or can I buy one?

[Going wireless isn't a viable option. Cell phone service is poor in
the house- and I've tried a half dozen different cordless phone
systems without being real happy with any of them.]

Thanks
Jim

--
Here's some of my work: