Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveBell SteveBell is offline

Default Getting electric out to the end of the driveway

ng_reader wrote:

Pretty simple question, really.

I understand that I have to use special electrical cable that can be
buried underground, but how do I get underneath the sidewalk or under
the driveway and such?

If my hunch is correct, it's just brute strength and digging
underneath the sidewalk on both sides. Any special tools to look for?

Soft soil:
Dig a hole on both sides of the walk. Turn on your garden hose and use
it to wash dirt out from under the walk. Insert a pipe through which
you can run your cable. Backfill.

Hard soil or wide walk:
Do the same thing as for hard soil, but put a metal pipe on the end of
your hose. Use it to get the water jet right at the cutting surface.
You can also use it as a pry bar to move smaller rocks. If the soil is
too hard, let it soak awhile before you try to wash through it.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement