Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default Getting electric out to the end of the driveway

"ng_reader" wrote in message
Pretty simple question, really.

I understand that I have to use special electrical cable that can be
buried underground, but how do I get underneath the sidewalk or under the
driveway and such?

If my hunch is correct, it's just brute strength and digging underneath
the sidewalk on both sides. Any special tools to look for?

btw, I'm a phillies fan.

There are hydraulic rams for blowing a channel under a driveway, but if it's
not too wide, you may be able to bang a length of galvanized pipe under it.
You need to dig a trench on one side of the driveway to lay the pipe in,
keeping it horizontal to the ground. Also be sure to use a pointy fitting on
the front end of the pipe, or smash it closed. You can cut it open with a
sawzall once it's through