Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Getting electric out to the end of the driveway

"ng_reader" wrote in message
Pretty simple question, really.

I understand that I have to use special electrical cable that can be
buried underground, but how do I get underneath the sidewalk or under the
driveway and such?

If my hunch is correct, it's just brute strength and digging underneath
the sidewalk on both sides. Any special tools to look for?

btw, I'm a phillies fan.

They make special tools for Phillies fans. Check out the links below. Both
of them are similar in operation. Usually under a sidewalk you can dig a
trench on each side and pound a pipe through to make a hole for your cable
or conduit. Going under a driveway would probably require one of the tools
below. There are also companies that specialize in underground boring and
you might be able to rent a directional boring machine at a contractor's
rental yard.

http://www.borit.com/

http://www.borzit.com/