Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Where are YOU cutting back?

mac davis wrote in
:

My computer blew a motherboard a few months ago...
I shopped all over the web for an XP machine and all they offered was
Vista..

Since my wife is braver than I, we got HER a nice machine with Vista,
and I took over her old computer (a slightly faster version of mine)
and just moved her drive to D and threw mine in as C..
She actually likes Vista, unless she needs to print something out of
Word or Excel.. then she has to use my XP machine.. and we did have to
move all the printers from her computer to mine..

Our printers are attached to the upstairs desktop. Her XP laptop and my
Vista laptop can easily print to the Brother 5040 monchrome laser or the
Canon pixma whatever color inkjet. No problem, except running upstairs
to change paper and collect the printout. Same for daughter and son and
their Vista laptops. It took a while to get the machines to recognize
the printers on the workgroup in my house ...

It appears that Micro$oft wants you to buy Office 07 as well as
Vista.

That may be so, but I still like Office 2003 much better, and it works
under Vista Home Basic just fine, so far. Knocking on wood ...

Vista does not really like Office 03.. Go figure!

Huh?

--
Best regards
Han