Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
[email protected] wfhabicher@hotmail.com is offline

Default Where are YOU cutting back?

On Oct 25, 7:24 pm, "Buddy Matlosz" wrote:
In your case, you can downsize to Just_Enough_Tools.

B.

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message

In tough times consumers tend to cut back...so where are you cutting
back, reprioritizing resources, whatever to make that dollar go
farther?

I am also posting this in the metal and wood working groups to hear
how those who pursue the hobby are allotting their resources.

Thanks

TMT

Well, last year we had a high efficiency natural gas furnace
installed; 94% vs 64% efficiency. Two years ago we increased the
insulation from 6" to 15 1/2" in 1200 sq. ft. attic. Had the front
thermopanes replaced... They'd begun to fog up in the evenings during
winter. The walls have 6" fibreglas plus 1" styrofoam and 4" bricks
already. The windows are still tight. Exterior doors were all
replaced with metal doors and urethane foam insulation including
magnetic door seals. Installed low energy "curly" bulbs in the
workshop. Sold all US investments 2 years ago.

My better half is very frugal by nature so no prob. there. We
traveled less this summer but not because of gas prices.

Apart from that we already own most conveniences, thus no changes
you'd notice. Shop projects are sporadic at best as is machinery
acquisition.. Material costs are minimal.

Wolfgang