Edwin Pawlowski

Default Dissatisfied with Lee Valley order

"Hoyt Weathers" wrote in message
Two weeks ago I needed two items in a hurry for a project I was trying to

complete on
schedule, so I ordered by telephone. I mistakenly believed that order

method would be
the fastest available to me. The order has never arrived.

I never received notification that the order was shipped or any other

communication
of any nature from Lee Valley. I am extremely disappointed with Lee Valley

in this
situation and have told them so.

This is sort of contradictory. You say it was screwed up and you told them
you are going to refuse the order. That means you have been in contact with
them about the order. So, was it shipped? If so, when? By what carrier?

In future, I will never again order anything via telephone from Lee

Valley. That
method is totally untrustworthy as the company has now proved to me.

Someone flubbed
up royally in this situation. If there is a record of that order, then the

telephone
order taker's name should be available to Lee Valley. At the very least,

that person
needs some serious attitude adjustments before more harm is done.

Possible. What did they tell you when you called to complain? Surely you
did inquire about the particular order and they either told you they had it,
when it shipped, and how, OR, they did screw up and lose your order. Come
on now, tell us what they said. Was your credit card charged?

As for attitude adjustment, that is BS. Attitude has nothing to do with a
piece of paper falling behind the desk either in the order department or the
shipping department. I doubt very much that the order take decided to ****
can your order just for laughs.

Are you blaming LV for the delay when it has been sitting at the post office
for a week? Or the UPS guy could not find your house?

I have no doubt that you placed an order. I have no doubt that you did not
receive it. BUT, you also said you told them you were going to refuse it.
That means you are not telling the whole story. What did they say when you
called? You sure leave a lot of details out here for the jury to come to a
verdict.

Sorry Hoyt, but while you may be po'd at LV, the story is not complete. Not
one person reading this is going to change the way they do business on
account of it as our own experiences are so good. I've yet to find a
company that is as personable, honest, and offers such a superb guarantee of
satisfaction. They even refund shipping cost both ways. Does Home Depot
give you gas money when you make a return?

We want to know "the rest of the story".
Ed