Posted to alt.english.usage,alt.home.repair
Pat Durkin Pat Durkin is offline

Default come-along

"mm" wrote in message
On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 09:41:56 -0500, "Pat Durkin"
wrote:

"mm" wrote in message
And I have a pair of sneakers on their last legs.

Glenn has already wondered about the sneakers and whose legs they are
on. I wonder, in addition, how you will guarantee those are their
last
legs. Will you direct your heirs to destroy them? How well do you
trust the administrator of your will?

He's not chosen yet. Sure my brother is listed as executor, in a will

So I have to pick out some person locally to dispose of my stuff to
people who can use it. My ex-girlfriend is very compatible with me on
stuff like this, and would do a good job, but she's short of time and
money, and she's only an ex, so I have to figure out a salary or
formula that's generous enough that she'll actually want to do this,
even though she has a full time job. OTOH, she's only 15 years
younger than I, and if I live long enough, she may be an old lady by
the time I die. (That's stretching it. I'll likely not live past 90,
adn she'll only be 75, and probably very healthy and active. She
still weighs what she did in junior high school, and her mother and
aunt are still slim too, and very active.

Sounds like you really pick 'em.
Get on this now!

But if she's still working, say she's 64 and I'm 79, she really won't
have enough time, so I'm trying to find a category of person, like a
mother from a thrifty family who needs a part-time job, that my friend
can hire to do the work. I guess I would give her the authority to
pick that person's salary. (My brother will trust her if say she's
ok.)

Yeah? But how much younger than you is Brother? Is he likely to be
around in a time of need? Get on this now!

i havent done it yet, but i intend to compile a list of friends who
get first crack at my stuff/

And then I'm going to leave instructions on what sort of person to
hire to advertise my antique radios and other things people might
want, and to have yard sales for the junk, and what to give away free
because only someone like me or the people on ahr would want it,
because I don't want anything going to the dump if I can avoid it.

I mean, if I saw my stuff, I would want almost all of it**, so someone
else must want it too.

Donate it online now to freecycle and meet wonderful new people.

Get on this now!

**I got to get rid of the broken tvs to make room for all the tv's
that will be in the trash next February. If I hadn't broken my arm,
I'd be further along on this.

Oh, yeah! You gotta get on this. (Before the Reaper gives you the
come-along treatment!)