Posted to uk.d-i-y
tonyjeffs[_2_] tonyjeffs[_2_] is offline

Default Bury flex in plaster?

On Oct 25, 8:07*am, pepper wrote:
Just in the dying weeks of our extension build and the plumber is
fitting his electrical bits. *He's about to bury the 5 core *flex*
(not solid core cable) for the thermostat in the wall plaster, but
I've got in mind that this is a no-no. *However, having thought that
thought I can't find any reference to it being prohibited in the 16th
edition on site guide.
Anyone with any references as to why that is not acceptable?

Despite my not having read the 17th edition regs....
I'd be happy provided it was in a plastic conduit or trunking under
the plaster.

It looks a very nice thermostat and simple to use. I can understand
how to operate it just by looking at the picture.

Tony