Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default How do you minimize rust on your jointer or table saw?

In article , Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:
(Doug Miller) wrote in
:

In article , Puckdropper
puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

I'm almost directly west of Doug, about 150 miles.

Sounds like you're in or near Decatur.

Good guess, Peoria actually. Indy's farther south than I realized, now
that I look at a map. I'm probably short on the distance, too. I just
wanted to point out that the same technique worked for someone else with
relatively the same climate.

Not a guess, really -- my son is a junior at Millikin U in Decatur, so I know
exactly where that is: 150 miles directly west of Indianapolis. US 36 runs
right through the center of each city, in pretty nearly a straight line. But
yeah, I'm sure the climate is pretty much the same. I used to live in
Springfield, and I think it's a little more humid there than in Indy, but not
much.