Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default OT - God, then and now

"John Kunkel" wrote in message
. ..

snip
,

Which begs the question....Why did such an omnipotent god need to go
through the drill of the great flood when a snap of the fingers
(figuratively) would have wiped out the entire population of the Earth
except Noah's family? Why have Noah build an ark when a snap of the
fingers would have made it appear?

I wondered that same type of thing. Why didn't God just "beam" them into
Heaven for a while and then send them back after the flood. About the only
thing I can figure is that it is an illustration related to Baptism. The
earth was flooded to rid it of evil, the Israelites went through the sea in
their deliverance from bondage, and believers are Baptized. There are a lot
of old testament stories that show God's plan of salvation through Jesus.

If any here are interested and have a half hour a day that they can listen,
Dr. J. Vernon McGee goes through the entire Bible in 5 years. Allot of the
things that don't seem to make sense get explained.

http://www.ttb.org

Also I found it interesting that the book of Job is the oldest book in the
Bible and there is a lot of insight in it that is way ahead of the time and
agrees with modern science. Such as the world being a sphere, rotating on
it's axis, hanging out in space, etc.
John McArthur has been teaching on this.
http://www.gty.org/

RogerN