Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_2_] Graham.[_2_] is offline

Default BlackBerry mobile phone software for engineers

"Adrian C" wrote in message
Hi, a theoretical question aimed at gas engineers. I'm part of a
small team developing applications for BlackBerry mobile phones and we
are looking to produce a product for gas engineers whether one person
businesses or larger operations.

Is the blackberry handset qualified as intrinsically safe in an explosive
environment?

But, as any air hostess will tell you, they do have a flight-safe mode.

Actually, this is something I haven't really thought about,
I well understand the dangers, albeit theoretical, of hand held
transmitters in petrol forecourts, and it makes sense to extend
the precaution to other potentially explosive situations, but
as things stand, are gas engineers required or advised
not to take phones into these situations?

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%