Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Appliance Service Call Prices...WOW

"Luca" wrote in message
Had a service call for an icemaker problem on a GE refrig., 1 month
over warranty. $79 for service call, $90 for 20 minutes labor, $150
for new icemaker for a total of $319.

GE "assisted" me by not charging for the part. Hmmm....

I had a guy come and look at my oven. $79 service charge. Wanted $500 for
a new motherboard. I pulled the oven out, got to the tech sheet, plugged in
the oven, got the error code, and fixed it myself for $49. It was the
automatic lock on the self clean. I also got back my service call money,
after threatening to take them to the local TV station.

Steve