Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Gerald Ross[_2_] Gerald Ross[_2_] is offline

Default Is this group simply dying

Lynn wrote:
OK, I'm not very active on this group, but I do check in, and lurk once
or twice a day.
Over the past several years I've noticed peaks and valleys in posting.
I am very much indebted to the faithful here, and always get good answers to
questions.

Seems like summers are a little slow, but pick up when the rain and
snow
begin.

Thanks to you, Fred for all that I've gleaned from your posts, and
for the incredible wealth of material available through your website.

Some of the ISP's (like Comcast, for example) have stopped their
free newsgroups service, and that could certainly be a factor. I tried
reading it through Google, but I'm not sure I see everything.

Don't give up!

Old Chief Lynn

"Fred Holder" wrote in message
For many years, I have read and posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
newsgroup, but in the last year it seems to be dying or people are
being run off by the off topic posts selling some unrelated item or
promoting something not related to woodturning.

I am reading it through Google, so it could be this is the problem. It
was only a year or so ago that my old source went away.

Fred Holder
http://www.morewoodturning.net

Fred,
Actually some of us block Google groups due to the higher percentage
of spam from this source. Yes, I too check in a couple of times a day
but don't participate actively as much as I could.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

A lie in time saves nine.