Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Where are YOU cutting back?

"Lee Michaels" wrote

Sounds like my kind of machine! I been hearing about the 64 bit windows
seven. The memory constraints of older operating systems will be gone. I
am certain that a lot of my problems would go away with enough memory.

Seems like that would hold true for processors also. In the old days in the
studio I always built dual processor mb's (the software was multi-threaded)
when digital recording was coming to the fore in the industry, and even with
the same amount of RAM, the fact that no processor was being run at, or
close to capacity did wonders for all those aberrations, lockups and
glitches that happened on a single processor machine.

I'm getting rusty on new technology, admittedly. I've gone from bleeding
edge to old fogey in the last four years ... but even though my geek status
has been revoked, I do watch John D. on his weekly "Cranky Geeks" podcast,
and am still convinced that Leo Laporte is a know nothing newcomer.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08