Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Where are YOU cutting back?

In article
,
Too_Many_Tools wrote:

In tough times consumers tend to cut back...so where are you cutting
back, reprioritizing resources, whatever to make that dollar go
farther?

I am also posting this in the metal and wood working groups to hear
how those who pursue the hobby are allotting their resources.

Thanks

TMT

It is at times like these that a lot of good toys are going cheap. Stuff
like motor bikes, power boats, even cottages up north are showing more
ForSale signs. (A lot of Michiganians are no longer willing to spend the
money on fuel to get there.)

True conservative money managers, are now in a position to snatch away
all those toys from those spend-crazy libtards at bargain basement
prices. Fools and their money etc. etc. etc.

So, times like these are opportunities for those who show fiscal
restraint during times of strong incomes. The trick is to cut back when
there is lots to go around, not when you 'have to' cut back.

IOW... my family's life-style is not going to change much as we are used
to being careful. Angela and I never needed to clip coupons, but always
did. Most things were bought on sale. Last weekend, we celebrated our
anniversary in Toronto, stayed in one of the best hotels for two nights,
saw two high quality plays at nice theaters, had some superb food.
Package deals, PriceLine, Coupons.. all made the whole trip very
affordable. Then we bought 3 leather jackets at a Danier Outlet store
and saved huge there too. We managed to keep a couple of grand of our
hard earned cash that weekend.

Life goes on as usual.