Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Where are YOU cutting back?

On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 08:57:15 -0700 (PDT), Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

In tough times consumers tend to cut back...so where are you cutting
back, reprioritizing resources, whatever to make that dollar go
farther?

I am also posting this in the metal and wood working groups to hear
how those who pursue the hobby are allotting their resources.

Thanks

TMT

Mostly Gas.. Even though we're still paying only about $250 USD for a gallon of
unleaded, it still is high, compared to about $1.55 a year ago..
Almost everyone that I talk to here are cutting down on their trips and visits
to the States, because of the fuel prices..

Somewhat related, since I order most of my tools and supplies on the web, I look
for free shipping offers, as the price of fuel has made shipping very
expensive..

I'm lucky enough to be in sort of a good position..
My income is actually going up faster than prices are rising..
Who woulda thunk it, retiring to Mexico?

I'm trying to spend as much as I can locally, and telling folks how well the
economy will be doing soon...
Not true? Well, as we used to say in the real estate business, "perception
becomes reality, if enough people share the perception"...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing