Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus26857 Ignoramus26857 is offline

Default OT - God, then and now

On 2008-10-26, RogerN wrote:
that wouldn't run out, etc. A new testament example is Jesus feeding
5000
men plus women and children with only a few fish and loaves. Yes, I know

Linux is the modern equivalent of that, giving goodness to millions
for free.

Yeah, Linux is good stuff, I wish I knew it better. I have a lathe that I
run EMC2 on that uses Linux. If I can get my Windows PC's to share files,
I'll be able to transfer CNC files over wireless network to the lathe. I
have a CNC Bridgeport that I want to convert to Linux EMC2 next.

I remember you writing some files (scripts?) to give you coordinates to turn
your handwheels and getting circular interpolation, etc., on your manual
mill. If I remember correctly you were starting to look at the possibility
of motorizing some of the Axis' and looking at EMC2. Just wondering if you
went any further with that?

No, I decided that converting my manual mill to CNC would be a
mistake.

I used to be an agnostic, but by now I made up my mind and am an
atheist.

Gee Iggy, did I help you make up your mind? Glad to help... I guess. I
enjoy most of your posts Iggy, if I get to Heaven and you end up in Hell
I'll ask God if I can send you an Ice Cream bar, what kind do you like? :-)

No, I made up my mind appx. 2 years ago. Definitely a great idea about
sending ice cream.
posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/